- The Permaculture Market Garden: A Visual Guide to a Profitable Whole-systems Farm Business
- Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm
- The Organic Medicinal Herb Farmer: The Ultimate Guide to Producing High-Quality Herbs on a Market Scale
- The Small-Scale Dairy: The Complete Guide to Milk Production for the Home and Market
- Farms with a Future: Creating and Growing a Sustainable Farm Business
- The Chinese Medicinal Herb Farm: A Cultivator’s Guide to Small-Scale Organic Herb Production
- The New Livestock Farmer: The Business of Raising and Selling Ethical Meat
- The New Organic Grower: A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 2nd Edition (A Gardener’s Supply Book)
- The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower’s Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming
- Restoration Agriculture
To ensure food security and restore the health of the planet, we need to move beyond industrial agriculture and return to the practice of small-scale, local farming. Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm describes the creation of a sustainable food system through a detailed case study of the successful year-round organic market garden and permaculture…;
New Society PublishersPrice:
$34.95 $21.98 Free Shipping
To ensure food security and restore the health of the planet, we need to move beyond industrial agriculture and return to the practice of small-scale, local farming. Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm describes the creation of a sustainable food system through a detailed case study of the successful year-round organic market garden and permaculture design at Pennsylvania’s Three Sisters Farm.
At the heart of Three Sisters is its bioshelter—a solar greenhouse that integrates growing facilities, poultry housing, a potting room, storage, kitchen facilities, compost bins, a reference library, and classroom area. Bioshelter Market Garden examines how the bioshelter promotes greater biodiversity and is an energy-efficient method of extending crop production through Pennsylvania’s cold winter months.
Both visionary and practical, this fully illustrated book contains a wealth of information on the application of permaculture principles. Some of the topics covered include:
- Design and management of an intensive market garden farm
- Energy systems and biothermal resources
- Ecological soil management and pest control
- Wetlands usage
- Solar greenhouse design and management
Whatever your gardening experience and ambitions, this comprehensive manual is sure to inform and inspire.
Darrell Frey is the owner and manager of Three Sisters Farm, a five-acre permaculture farm, solar greenhouse, and market garden located in western Pennsylvania. Darrell writes extensively on permaculture design and ecological land use planning and has been a sustainable community development consultant and permaculture teacher for twenty-five years.
Used Book in Good Condition