- The Permaculture Market Garden: A Visual Guide to a Profitable Whole-systems Farm Business
- Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm
- The Organic Medicinal Herb Farmer: The Ultimate Guide to Producing High-Quality Herbs on a Market Scale
- The Small-Scale Dairy: The Complete Guide to Milk Production for the Home and Market
- Farms with a Future: Creating and Growing a Sustainable Farm Business
- The Chinese Medicinal Herb Farm: A Cultivator’s Guide to Small-Scale Organic Herb Production
- The New Livestock Farmer: The Business of Raising and Selling Ethical Meat
- The New Organic Grower: A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 2nd Edition (A Gardener’s Supply Book)
- The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower’s Handbook for Small-scale Organic Farming
- Restoration Agriculture
What makes a farm sustainable and successful? And what special qualities and skills are needed for someone to become a successful farmer? Rebecca Thistlethwaite addresses these and other crucial questions in this uniquely important book, which is a must-read for anyone who aspires to get into farming, or who wants to make their farm business…;
Chelsea Green PublishingPrice:
$29.95 $23.22 Free Shipping
What makes a farm sustainable and successful? And what special qualities and skills are needed for someone to become a successful farmer?
Rebecca Thistlethwaite addresses these and other crucial questions in this uniquely important book, which is a must-read for anyone who aspires to get into farming, or who wants to make their farm business more dynamic, profitable, and, above all, sustainable. Over an entire year, the author and her husband-experienced farmers themselves-took a sabbatical and traveled the length and breadth of the United States to live and work alongside some of the nation’s most innovative farmers. Along the way they learned about best practices, and a whole lot about what doesn’t work.
Farms with a Future shares this collective wisdom in an inspirational yet practical manner; it will help beginners avoid many of the common mistakes that first-time farmers make. Just as importantly, it discusses positive ideas that can help make any farm enterprise vibrant and financially profitable. Profiles of more than a dozen representative farms help round out the invaluable information and encourage farmers to embrace their inner entrepreneur. Younger growers, in particular, will benefit by learning about “the right stuff” from both their peers and longtime experts.This book provides a useful reference for beginning and experienced farmers alike. While many other books address agricultural production, there are very few that talk about business management for long-term sustainability. Farms with a Future offers an approachable, colorful take on building a triple-bottom-line farming business.
Ships from Vermont