- Natural Color: Vibrant Plant Dye Projects for Your Home and Wardrobe
- DIY Projects for the Self-Sufficient Homeowner: 25 Ways to Build a Self-Reliant Lifestyle
- 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead: A Hands-on, Step-by-Step Sustainable-Living Guide (Build Feeders, Fences, Coops, & Sheds, Includes Wind & Solar Power, Rooftop & Vertical Gardening)
- The Backyard Homestead Book of Building Projects: 76 Useful Things You Can Build to Create Customized Working Spaces and Storage Facilities, Equip the … Animals, and Make Practical Outdoor Furniture
- Backyard Homesteading: A Back-to-Basics Guide to Self-Sufficiency (Gardening)
- Homemade Contrivances and How to Make Them: 1001 Labor-Saving Devices for Farm, Garden, Dairy, and Workshop
- The Rocket Mass Heater Builder’s Guide: Complete Step-by-Step Construction, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Soap Crafting: Step-by-Step Techniques for Making 31 Unique Cold-Process Soaps
- Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing, Natural Skin Care Soaps
Heating with wood is often considered a natural and economical alternative to electricity or fossil fuels. However, even with a fairly new and efficient woodstove, many cords of wood are required for burning over the course of a single winter, and incomplete combustion can contribute to poor air quality. A rocket mass heater is an…;
New Society PublishersPrice:
$39.95 $28.73 Free Shipping
Heating with wood is often considered a natural and economical alternative to electricity or fossil fuels. However, even with a fairly new and efficient woodstove, many cords of wood are required for burning over the course of a single winter, and incomplete combustion can contribute to poor air quality. A rocket mass heater is an earthen masonry heating system which provides clean, safe, and efficient warmth for your home, all while using 70 to 90 percent less fuel than a traditional woodstove.
These unique and beautiful installations provide luxurious comfort year round. In cold weather a few hours of clean, hot burning can provide twenty or more hours of steady warmth, while the unit’s large thermal mass acts as a heat sink, cooling your home on sizzling summer days. Packed with hard-to-find information, The Rocket Mass Heater Builder’s Guide includes:
Comprehensive design, construction, and installation instructions combined with detailed maintenance and troubleshooting advice
Brick-by-brick layouts, diagrams, and architectural plans augmented with detailed parts drawings and photographs for clarity
Relevant and up-to-date code information and standards to help you navigate the approval process with local building departments
Earthen masonry heating systems are well-suited for natural and conventional builders alike. A super-efficient, wood-burning, rocket mass heater can help you dramatically reduce your energy costs while enhancing the beauty, value, and comfort of your home.
Erica Wisner and Ernie Wisner have built over seven hundred super-efficient, clean-burning masonry stoves. They are dedicated to the search for sustainable solutions and the hands-on teaching of creative, ecological, and practical skills.
The Rocket Mass Heater Builder s Guide Complete Step By Step Construction Maintenance and Troubleshooting