Spending too much on grain and other inputs?
New to goats and feeling confused about how and where to get started?
Having trouble with parasite resistance or recovery (resilience)?
Goats dancing on your cars, climbing fences, or yelling loudly enough to wake the dead?
Looking for a multipurpose family homestead goat that can produce meat, milk and possibly fiber?
We have your goat solution!
Contact us today email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 570.285.5242
Myotonic goats have a very distinctive breed type that is based mostly on head and body conformation. They also have a muscle condition called myotonia congenita. This inherited trait leads to an overall increase in muscle mass so that the goats are very muscular when compared to other breeds of similar size. This trait is so distinctive that it is easy to confuse the trait with the breed. However, the Myotonic goat is much more than just a myotonic condition; it has a host of other consistent traits that are very important and need to be conserved for future generations.
Several important characteristics are typical of the breed:
- Docile temperament
- Myotonia congenita leading to stiffness and muscularity
- Abundance of high quality muscle
- Good adaptation to low-input forage-based feeding systems
- Genetic distance from other breeds such that crossbreeding yields great hybrid vigor.
FREE mentoring package included with your goat purchase
- Signed copy of The Energetic Goat by Carrie Eastman
- Downloadable alternative + conventional first aid kit checklist
- Downloadable basic supplies list
- Weekly live Skype support call
- Skype video evaluation of your goat setup
We currently maintain one of only a handful of myotonic herds in the country that is chemical free and vaccine free.
In 10 generations, we have needed chemical dewormers a handful of times, and only in individual goats.
Our goats are low input, thriving on browse and hay and a quality Dynamite mineral buffet only.
Our goats are quiet, and adults rarely climb.
Our goats are registered with the Myotonic Goat Registry, adding value to your investment with the potential for registered kid sales.
We offer mentoring to our buyers, both before the sale and after.