Farm currently closed due to virus.
Bring your family to experience farm living hands-on Friday night through Sunday afternoon.
Available April through October
Join us in gardening, goat raising, horse care and riding, donkey care and poultry production.
Each weekend, the additional optional activities will vary, depending on the farm’s To Do list. You are guaranteed to be offered:
- Time in the garden, either planting, weeding or harvesting.
- Time working with our heritage fainting goats, learning about goat care and possibly trying your hand at hoof trimming or milking or wellness checks or bottle-feeding babies. You will be taught by Carrie Eastman, author of The Energetic Goat and The Healing Of Horses.
- Time caring for our herd of critically rare Arabian horses and our teacher horses. You will learn about feeding, handling, hoof care, horse behavior, and if time and horses permit, be offered some supervised riding time. We follow the conscious horsemanship approach. You can read more about that here.
- Time caring for our donkey Jasmine. Learn how donkeys are different than horses, and work with Jasmine as she learns about packing and harness work.
- Time caring for our poultry. You may be collecting eggs from our ducks or chickens, helping us sort ducklings, or feeding and watering the birds. While you work, you will be learning about poultry care.
You can picnic at the pond or in the barn, and on-site guests can enjoy an evening campfire.
|Breakfast||n/a||Instant hot cereals, fruit basket, coffee/tea/cocoa||Instant hot cereals, fruit basket, coffee/tea/cocoa|
|9 am start time||n/a||Join us for chores||Join us for chores|
|Optional farm tour if you arrived later Friday night||Focus session (choose 1): Horses, donkeys, poultry, goats OR gardening|
|Poultry care and discussion, egg gathering|
|Horse and donkey meet-and-greet|
|Lunchtime||n/a||Break for lunch. Vegetarian cheese/fruit/veggie tray from local caterer. Water/juice/tea/coffee. Dessert from local bakery.||Vegetarian cheese/fruit/veggie tray from local caterer. Water/juice/tea/coffee. Dessert from local bakery. OR ask about seasonal farm options|
|Hands-on horse and donkey care and discussion|
|Horse handling lessons|
|1 hour before sunset||Friday night orientation tour upon arrival if it’s not too dark. Dinner on your own before or after.||Local cheese pizza delivered. Water/juice/tea/coffee.|
|After sunset||Marshmellow roasting at the campfire (weather permitting)||Marshmellow roasting at the campfire (weather permitting)|
Pricing and Booking Instructions: Prices start at $399 for a family of 4* including 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner and snacks, as described above, for 4 people over age 6. Click here to reserve your weekend. Please give us 2 weeks notice.
*Special pricing for our Horse Hero rare Arabian sponsors. Please see the Horse Hero page for details.
No senior discounts. Housing not included. (Ask us about our homeschool programs and our no-cost work-study programs)
Housing is booked separately, to give guests the greatest variety of housing options.
We are NOT handicap accessible or ADA compliant. As a working farm, accessibility is impossible.
Please no pets.
The Glamping Loft is not suitable housing for young children.
No drinking, no smoking, no illegal drugs.
This is a working hands-on experience. Please come prepared for wet weather and wear clothes that can get muddy. Closed-toe shoes are required during classes and tours, and rubber boots are suggested.
If you have livestock at home, we highly suggest you practice good biosecurity measures before using your shoes at home.